13 short pieces for solo piano. Level of difficulty - intermediate.
Each movement is based melodically on transcribed butcherbird calls. Most pieces are transcribed from recordings in various locations around NSW and Queensland. The approach to the harmonic accompaniment to these movements varies according to the intervallic implications of the tunes. Composed 2005
This piano piece explores the Korean idea of aftertone via interval-colour resonances and string aftertone as well as a Japanese intensification structure, c.7'0
Recorded on the CD, Double Resonances, Wirr.017 available online
Solo piano suite of 4 pieces for Grades 5 to 7.
1 Lunch will be ready soon, c.3'50, Grade 6
2 Leap Frog, c'3'20, Grade 7
3 The Deserted Beach, c.4'0, Grade 5
4 The Cycle Race, c.2'40, Grade 6
On ANZCA Syllabus for 2010
12 piano solo works performed by Australian Composers. CD also available including many other Australian Composers
1. Grasstree Hill - (Ann Carr-Boyd)
2. Summerhaze (Ann Carr-Boyd)
3. Ancient Rivers (John Terry)
4. Down the Dim Gorges (John Terry)
5. Flinders Island (John Peterson)
6. Rocy Island (John Peterson)
7. Bass Island (John Peterson)
8. Martin Island (John Peterson)
9. Parkyns Island (John Peterson)
10. A Summer Breeze (Horace Keats)
11. By the Lily-Pond (Horace Keats)
12. Daybreak (Phillip Wilcher)
For sheet music and audio sample see individual works by each composer.
8 solo piano pieces for early to intermediate piano.
Grades lst to 3rd. A collection of morsels to inspire children by stimulating their interest and imagination.
1. Away with the Gypsies, c.1'10
2. Tip-Toe Tango, c.1'10
3. The Dark Phantom, c.1'30
4. Snakes and Ladders, c.0'30
5. The Sandwich Song, c.0'45
6. Cagla's Belly Dance, c.1'15
7. Chasing Tornedos, c.1'00
8. Wind Through the Trees, c.1'20
Album includes CD
12 short piano studies on the times of our lives - grades 3 to 4
An excellent tool for intermediate piano students or for teachers looking for light contemporary piano solos to add to their library.
By the composer of "Music for the Heart and Soul" and "Oracle".
Solo piano. c.3'30, Grade 7/8
The Javanese song-form, Asmaradana, is associated with the princely courts of Central Java. The classic form of the Asmaradana was well established in the 11th century and continues as well-known, well-loved melody today.
The following link is the orchestral version of Asmardana http://youtu.be/zTmd5Ow6h6I